Areas of Emphasis
Mergers and Acquisitions
Venture Capital Financing
- All forms of licensing, sale, protection and commercialization of intellectual property and technology development; registration, maintenance and enforcement of trademarks, copyrights and other forms of intellectual property.
- Manage the entire trademark and copyright portfolio for a Fortune 500 telecommunications company.
- Assisted a venture capital funded startup in procuring exclusive rights to a patented fire suppression technology, and provide ongoing patent protection for new modifications together with drafting, negotiation and strategizing on distribution, sales, marketing and manufacturing of the product on a global basis.
- Successfully halted illegal Internet piracy of a copyrighted instructional tool sold over the Web.
- Provide ongoing assistance to Fortune 500 companies, banks and major corporations in trademark clearance, maintenance and enforcement against infringements.
- Provide ongoing commercial counsel to a silicon chip manufacturer on contract matters, trademark protection and anti-piracy measures.
- Successfully prosecuted a cybersquatting dispute on behalf of a nationwide commercial construction business.
- Admitted to practice California, 1981; Colorado, 1995
- Member, Computer Law Association
- Member, Copyright Society
- Board of Governors and Executive Committee, Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation
- Monthly columnist, The Denver Business Journal
- Juris Doctor, University of Santa Clara School of Law, 1981
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, University of Colorado, 1977
Honors and Awards
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Intellectual Property